Follow us on G+

Monday 28 April 2014

Sabbir Khan: I have been around Tiger & Kriti 24 X 7 to morally support them

For his first film KAMBAKKHT ISHQ, filmmaker Sabbir Khan was the junior most of the lot, what with his lead pair of Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor being the experienced ones and Sajid Nadiadwala in the business of producing films for long time.

However, it is a different experience altogether for the young director when it comes to his second film HEROPANTI. Though his producer is still the same, he has a huge responsibility of launching two new faces - Tiger Shroff and Kriti Sanon, something which hasn't just been restricted to the days of shooting but also in between schedules and not into promotions. 

"During last year and a half, I have been around Tiger and Kriti 24 X 7 to morally support them. As a director, I have to make sure that they are bright and positive right through. Ok, so at times my energies could fail or I could afford to be depressed. However that couldn't be the case for my lead pair as they had to face the camera. I had to be their guide, mentor, friend - just about everything. I have practically lived many lives," says Sabbir who also had a job in hand to showcase a different side of him as a storyteller. 

Meanwhile, even as HEROPANTI is rearing to go for the promotion and marketing to shift gears, Sabbir is making sure that in Sajid Nadiadwala's absence (who is currently in Poland shooting with Salman Khan for KICK), everything stays well on course. 

"Nadiadwala Grandson is pretty much my home company and I am happy to look after everything related to HEROPANTI in Sajid sir's absence," says Sabbir, "I think any filmmaker cherishes these moments when it comes to such responsibilities. I am having a lot of fun. I know for sure that once the film is released; there would be some lacuna for sure. I want to enjoy this time period till it lasts." 

We would love to see the excitement sustain even after the film's release which takes place on 23rd May 2014.

0 comments:

Post a Comment