Follow us on G+

Monday 28 April 2014

Did you know Sharman Joshi wanted to be a lawyer?

Sharman Joshi with the success of RANG DE BASANTI, LIFE IN A...METRO, 3 IDIOTS, etc. has established himself as an actor to reckon with. DESI NEWS 4 U wishes him birthday greetings and discovers how Joshi, who wished to pursue law, turned an actor. 

However, it may come as a stunner to readers that though Sharman Joshi had acting in his genes as both his father Arvind Joshi and his aunt are veterans of Gujarati theatre and Gujarati films, yet Sharman wished to pursue law and become a lawyer! 

In an interview Sharman confessed, ''Yes, it is true that I aspired to study law. While in college I was passionate to become a lawyer but when I participated in collage plays I received huge applause and my college friends insisted me to try luck in cinema.'' 

He adds, ''Since my father was a popular Gujarati film actor hence getting break in film was not a big deal for me but I felt before joining films I must prove my credentials in theater. My father too supported me.'' 

He continues, ''However I had made up my mind that if I succeeded in theatre only then I will join films or else continue my studies and become a lawyer.''

Fortunately, Sharman won high acclaim and did over 550 shows of the Gujarati drama 'All The Best'. Rest as they say is history!

0 comments:

Post a Comment