Follow us on G+

Saturday 24 May 2014

Rajamouli took 1 Lakh from HIM!

Maverick director S.S Rajamouli's bonding with his Guru-mentor K. Raghavendra Rao is common knowledge by now. But what's interesting is how Darshakendra Raghavendra Rao had helped his Sishya Rajamouli during early days of his career.

When Rajamouli worked as an assistant to KRR and directing TV serials in Doordarshan, Rajamouli's salary was just 2000 Rupees per episode. During then, Rajamouli's mother encountered with health issues and she need to be treated in abroad. For that Rajamouli had needed Rs 1 Lakh rupee. Having no other option, Rajamouli had approached Raghavendra Rao and said him that he need Rs 1 Lakh. Without even asking any question like why, when, K.R.R simply said Rajamouli to ask in the account department and take Rs 1 Lakh. This is revealed by none other than Rajamouli himself.

Rajamouli has recalled this instance on Friday on the eve of Raghavendra Rao's birthday. Rajamouli wrote on his FB page, "Raghavendra Rao garu means a lot to me. If I say I learnt direction from him, it would be an understatement. The relationship we share is not only just professional. On my birthday, I would touch the feet of my parents first and then my brother Keeravaani next. Then I would go to K Raghavendra Rao garu and touch his feet."

0 comments:

Post a Comment